Sunday, January 8, 2012

Why Do Diets Fail? Get Involved!


Get Fit Naturally is honored to help Kiera Buchanan on research of “Why Diets Fail”. This study is currently being conducted by Kiera Buchanan under the supervision of Dr. Jeanie Sheffield, at the University of Queensland. This study has been cleared in accordance with the ethical review processes of the University of Queensland and within the guidelines of the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research.

A note from Kiera:
      “I am currently conducting a research project (as part of my Doctorate of Clinical and Health Psychology) examining the factors responsible for the high rates of diet "failure". Of those who do manage to lose weight, 95% will regain MORE than they lost within 2 years. Although there is an abundance of research concerning dieting and weight loss, there is little know about why most people are unable to adhere to their weight-loss plan or regain their lost weight. It is hoped that a better understanding of these factors will assist psychologists and health professionals alike to better support individuals in their weight loss/healthy eating endeavors’. If you have been on AT LEAST 1 diet in the PAST TWO YEARS (regardless of whether you consider it to have been a success or not), I would love to hear from you! The survey takes 15-20 minutes to complete and the feedback I have had so far is that it is quick & easy to complete. Particularly for those of you with healthy-eating or weight-loss related goals for the New Year, the survey is a great chance to reflect on past experiences in order to better prepare you to conquer those resolutions". Thanks for all your support and all the very best with your New Year’s resolutions.

If you would like to participate in this study, the link is:

3 comments:

Rachelle Q said...

I don't believe in diets and I always cringe when someone I know talks about their latest diet (which never includes working out). I usually just keep my mouth shut. I love your new layout! It looks awesome!

fancy nancy said...

First things first....love the new look!!! I would love to help out! I had to change the word "diet" to "lifestyle" for it to work!

getfitchick said...

Thanks ladies, i appreciate the feedback!