Sunday, July 1, 2012

It's Sweat Pink Sunday


Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is having a great day so far!

As you know, I am a Sweat Pink Ambassador, and they are an awesome group of women. Sweat Pink was started by Jamie Walker and Alyse Mason Brill of Fit Approach, and they have been incredible at supporting the causes of their Ambassadors.

Many of these ladies are runners – and I know a lot of you can relate to them. But what impressed me most was many are runners for a cause – they sponsor or participate in races to raise money for their favorite charities. I have never been able to get interested in running – until now. Running for a cause is something I can relate to. So, I’m putting it on paper and making a public announcement – I am going to gather a group of 10, myself and nine other women, and create Team Sweat Pink, to participate in our local Susan G. Komen 5K Race, spring of 2013.


Although I do sprint intervals on a treadmill, a runner I’m not. I will be following a plan – I have plenty of time, but why wait until the last minute?
In the somewhat near future, I will be setting up a sponsor link if you wish to support our cause.


Speak of Running programs – Fit Approach has some awesome Sweat Pink running stuff you should check out. They are offering a 10% discount on the Team Sweat Pink Package - enter code: SPALoriL


If you are a female runner, you may be interested in the new Bia Sport GPS that is having a kickstarter fundraising at this time.



Ok, enough about running…..there are many other things going on in the fitness blogging world.
One particular article that I loved this week was from blogger friend Tara Burner. If you are a trainer, coach, fitness blogger or a facebook fitness page owner, you will appreciate this post.

Following Fit is having a giveaway for a pair of New Balance shoes.

And if you looking for a “not your ordinary burger “recipe – try this one from Anna Zulaica, blogger at Fit Approach.


And I will be posting a giveaway later today – Whooha!

Coming up this week: July 4th Recipes, Nutrition tip Thursday, Fitness Friday, and a Facebook challenge with friend and author of My Think Fit – stay tuned!

5 comments:

Alyse said...

Good for you! How awesome that you're committing to a 5k in 2013! I'm not a big runner either, but I love having something like that to look forward to, especially if it's with friends. :)

Jan said...

Love your sweat pink idea!

Tasha Malcolm said...

I am glad that you have decided to pick up running! You will love it! :-)

Kari said...

I love your idea for getting into races :) It does add a whole different level to it when you're doing it for a cause!

Jenn said...

Yay! Good for you, Lori! Running for a cause is so rewarding :)