If you're trying to lose weight or get in shape, you may find yourself losing interest a few weeks into your program. Have a plan of attack ready when motivation wanes.
Think back to previous attempts at losing weight or exercising. What made you quit before and are you on the same path now? If so, you've got yourself a pattern. Break it by figuring out what went wrong before. Some possibilities:
· A diet that's too strict or too difficult to follow
· Feeling deprived of your favorite foods
· Feeling tired and sore from too many workouts
· Confusion about how to exercise the right way
· Being so busy, you can't figure out how to fit it all in
Make your own list and then figure out how to get around these issues.
· If the diet is too strict, make smaller changes you can live with every day.
· If your feeling tired, take a day off between workouts, try Mon./Wed./Fri.
· If you are unsure how to perform an exercise, the web is a great place to find exercise definitions or techniques.
· If you're busy, try shorter, but more intense workouts, such as intervals or circuit training.
Change what you're doing until it works and try to find a support buddy to push you when you're feeling discouraged. Remember, even small changes can lead to big success!