Monday, March 5, 2012

A Reader's Journey to Health


This is our second success story of the week and I think many people will find it helpful.

My name is Annie Kidd. This is my testimonial.

I am now 49yrs old & run a gym. I love being an inspiration to people & helping to motivate others along their fitness journey!

I had tried so many diets in the past.  I would lose a few pounds but then I would always gain it back plus a few more. Each year I gained an extra 5 pounds. One day I realized I had ballooned up to 165 pounds. I had been thin most of my life so I was very depressed about how I looked.  I was tired of looking in the mirror & seeing this fat person staring back at me. I had just turned 40 years old and both of my parents had died of heart disease in the same year. I knew I had to do something. I was going to school full time for nursing and worked part time at Gold’s Gym. I decided to try their Nutrition Program. With my schedule I didn’t have a lot of extra time but I was told that I could achieve my desired results in just 3 days a week.  I went into the program a little skeptical, not expecting great results.

To my surprise the program worked!  I was amazed at how well this program worked for me after all the diets and programs I had tried. I began to see results immediately. I began to realize there are no fads, no gimmicks. Losing weight is simply based on energy intake and energy output. Journaling my eating habits & recording my calories held me accountable and kept me focused on my ultimate goals.

I was able to build muscle while losing body fat and strengthening my cardiovascular system.  The best thing was that I was eating several times a day so I never felt that I was on a diet, I just changed my eating habits and I never felt hungry or deprived.  I lost 38 Pounds of fat, a total of 21.5 inches, gained 9 lbs of muscle and 15% of body fat all in just 6 months! I went from a size 13/14 to a size 5/6. Today I weigh 130 pounds, am a size 3/4 and have kept it off for 8 yrs! I feel great about myself! If I can do it, anyone can do it!! I hope my story will give women hope, motivation, and the desire to change their lives! You just need to find a support system, dig deep for the motivation & the dedication it will take. Your health & future is all up to you. Take that 1st step today! : )


Way to go Annie!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Such an impressive story-- thanks for sharing!!