Sunday, March 4, 2012

Some of my favorites of the week and our 1st Reader Success Story!


I believe that reading about the success of others learning to live a healthy lifestyle encourages and inspires others, so I asked some of my readers to share their journeys.

This is from Kelly Meuschke
I had my first son in November of 2008, and 20 months later I gave birth to another beautiful boy :) When my youngest son was 4 months old, we had family pictures taken (on the left) and when I saw it, I didn't recognize myself!!! I had been indulging way too much, and constantly made excuses about how I 'couldn't' work out with 2 little ones. In January of 2011, I made the decision to cut out ALL junk, eat clean, whole foods and dedicated myself to working out 5-7 times per week. Within 6 months, I lost 30 pounds, 10% of my body fat, and went from a size 12 to a 4! (photo on the right taken in November, exactly one year later) It is definitely a challenge to prepare all of our healthy meals and exercise regularly with 2 toddlers, but I make it happen every day. NO EXCUSES!!! :)

Kelly is also inspiring others through her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LivingKell  - be sure and visit her there!


I’d like to thank everyone for participating in my blog’s 1 year anniversary challenge; the challengers for their hard work and the sponsor’s for donating such wonderful prizes!
During the week I like to try and read a few of my favorite blogs; this week has been especially busy and I didn’t get to visit as many as I would have liked but I have listed a few of my favorite things from various blogs, websites and pages this week. I hope you enjoy them.

I found this daily challenge calendar by visiting Tara Burner on Pinterest. I thought it would be great for people that are looking for a way to make healthier lifestyle choices one step/day at a time.



I thought this was a great no equipment workout from Fitsugar.com

And I am definitely going to make this Blackberry Chia Jam



How do you make time for yourself when the week is crammed full from one end to the other?

No comments: