Thursday, March 15, 2012

What do you put on your skin?


I am always talking about how nutrients from food can help prevent wrinkles, increase collagen production and improve elasticity of skin; nourishing the body from the inside - out. I’m also a fan of buying organic when you can. Research is showing more people are having allergic reactions to hormones and chemicals from our food. Now, more companies are using products that are not only plant based, but organic, so you know you aren’t putting any trace of pesticides or chemicals onto your skin. So I was excited for the opportunity to try Lily Organics Rejuvenating Enzyme Mask for a review.

The purpose of the mask is to remove the build-up of dead skin cells, stimulate new cell growth, balance combination skin and regenerate damaged skin. The main ingredient is raw honey, which is used as a humectant which draws needed moisture to the skin. Healing Lily helps minimize the scars and dark spots and diminish fine lines. All of this in one product that doesn’t cost any more than some famous retail brands – and it’s organic! The ingredients are honey, papaya, pineapple, certified organic comfrey, lily, horsetail, mint, vitamins E and C, citrus seed extract.


The mask feels like a honey and sugar mixture, and it has a raw earthy smell – which may put some people off at first, but honestly once it’s on your face, you really don’t notice. I have never used a textured mask before, so the first time I went to put this on my face, I wasn’t sure I was going to like it. It felt sticky, and didn’t smear quite like a cream based mask does. However, it washed off easily and my skin felt very clean. The second time I applied the mask, the texture didn’t bother me as bad, and by my third application, I was used to the stickiness. After the third application I noticed that the pores on my cheeks actually seemed to appear smaller. This is a product that I am going to give a long term try - I plan to fight the aging process as long as I can!


The Mask is perfect for all skin types: Normal to Dry, Combination, Sensitive and Damaged Skin. I have sensitive skin and had no adverse reactions to this mask.

Lily was the pioneer in organic skin care in Colorado, since 1986. They use only certified organic plants in their skin care products; they grow most of the ingredients on their own USDA Certified Organic Farm.
Hop on over to Lily Organics and take a look at some of their other products. They also have a page that gives great advice on skincare!



What do you think about organic skincare?

No comments: