Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wrinkles, Lines and Spots - Oh My!


DNA EFG RENEWAL PRODUCTS REVIEW


I was asked if I would like to test and review a skin care line developed by Dr. Ronald Moy, that was designed to target and repair damaged skin and defend against future natural and pre-mature aging factors.
That sounds nice doesn’t it? Now what does that really mean – it means it’s supposed to help diminish wrinkles, brown spots and skin discoloration.  Well, I have some brown spots brought on by sun damage so I was willing to try the products.
I was sent a DNA Travel Companion Kit which included:
·         DNA Renewal Foaming Cleanser – pretty self-explanatory, use it to clean your face both AM and PM
·         DNA Intensive Renewal – Refine tone & texture, repair and hydrate skin
·         DNA Night Renewal – For PM use, regenerate, repair and hydrate
·         DNA Defense SPF 30 – AM use, UVA and UVB sun protection

The Renewal Foaming Cleanser is free of artificial fragrances, sulfates, and parabens. It contains glycolic acid to help with cell turnover. It left my skin feeling very clean, without feeling dry. It only takes a small bit to lather and clean the entire face and rinses easily.
The Intensive Renewal is to be used both morning and evening. It contains Alba Flower which helps soothe the inflammation associated with hyper-pigmentation and age spots. It feels soothing, non-greasy, as it goes on and my skin felt soft afterwards.
The Night Renewal is to be used after evening cleansing. It helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles and improves skin firmness and elasticity. I loved this, it was lightweight and my skin felt hydrated.
The Defense SPF 30. Along with protecting your skin against harmful UVA and UVB rays, this sunscreen contains Vitamin E and Vitamin A, which provide the skin with additional antioxidant protection against damage from free radicals.
I usually feel that you cannot tell if a product is actually working for you unless you use it for at least 4 weeks. But after 10 days of using these products, I felt I could see a change in the texture of my skin, and my sun spots were fading.
To learn more about their products and Dr. Moy, hop over to their website.

Purchased separately, the individual products range in price between $70 and $140, which parallels pricing from products such as Kinerase, Murad and even Lancome.

Disclosure: I received samples of the mentioned products at no charge from the PR firm / company in exchange for a review of my opinion. The opinions expressed are my own personal and honest thoughts. No other compensation was given.

No comments: